AM summary for Edd Dumbill

Hi

Report for new developer applicant Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0xBB9B8711:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from 1 existing DD, Hugo Haas.

   Output from gpg --check-sigs 0xBB9B8711

pub  1024D/BB9B8711 2000-08-11 Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
sig!3       BB9B8711 2000-08-11   Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
sig!        73228FE4 2000-08-11   Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
sig!        BC1813AB 2000-08-11   Rael Dornfest <rael@raelity.org>
sig!        54B0A70D 2001-08-22   Dave Beckett <D.J.Beckett@ukc.ac.uk>
sig!        4F71955A 2002-05-07   Dave Beckett <dajobe@dajobe.org>
sig!        8A5AF90D 2002-05-10   Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
uid                            Edd Dumbill <edd@xml.com>
uid                            Edd Dumbill <edd@pharmalicensing.com>
uid                            Edd Dumbill <edd@xmlhack.com>
sig!3       BB9B8711 2000-08-11   Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
sig!        73228FE4 2000-08-11   Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
sig!        BC1813AB 2000-08-11   Rael Dornfest <rael@raelity.org>
sig!        54B0A70D 2001-08-22   Dave Beckett <D.J.Beckett@ukc.ac.uk>
sig!        4F71955A 2002-05-07   Dave Beckett <dajobe@dajobe.org>
sig!        8A5AF90D 2002-05-10   Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
sub  2048g/6D40CB5D 2000-08-11
sig!        BB9B8711 2000-08-11   Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>

[There is one sig without a key on the keyservers]

   Comments about Applicant and what he writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
I've been writing software for 15 or so years, and publicly released
software for 9 or so years, starting with shareware for the Amiga.  More
recently I have become an advocate of open technologies and open
source.  My first significant free software release was in 1999, a
project which is now hosted at http://phpxmlrpc.sf.net/.  I also
co-authored the Daily Chump bot, http://usefulinc.com/chump/, and am
currently working on free software projects related to RDF and semantic
web technology.

I've participated in other projects as a bug hunter, including Mozilla,
Evolution and various packages in Debian.  Additionally, I'm the editor
of O'Reilly's XML.com and the publisher of XMLhack.com, both sites with
a focus on open technologies.  I write periodically for various other
publications on topics in XML, RDF and open source.

My other main project in free software right now is as a participant in
BlueZ, the official Linux Bluetooth project.  I'm a bug hunter there,
and am packaging BlueZ for Debian.

I came to Linux first in 1996 out of curiosity, after I left the Amiga
behind but was unsatisfied with Windows, and have run it as my main
operating system since 1998.  I started first with Slackware, went
through SuSE and in 1999 settled on Debian as my distribution of choice.
I now run x86 and PowerPC machines with Debian.

I intend to give my time initially to Debian as a packager of Bluetooth
utilities.  Additionally if I find other packages orphaned or RFP'd that
I feel confident with, I will endeavour to help with those too.  Over
time I am open to participation in other ways in which I discover I can
help.

In terms of fitting in with the social contract, I feel:

  * I am committed to the ideal of quality, free software
  * I believe (and have already found) that my packaging activity
    enables me to give back to the upstream project and improve its
    quality
  * I am happy working in the open

Why do I want to volunteer my time?  Well, firstly I want to give back
to something that's given me immense pleasure and also enabled me to
make a living.  Secondly, I enjoy the community of the free software
world, and in contributing to projects like Debian I find I learn and
grow my skills in many areas.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Edd has a very good understanding of Debians Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my Questions about Social Contract,
   DFSG, BTS etc. in a good way.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Edd is Maintainer of the BlueZ Packages. Not all Packages in Debian,
   only bluez-pcmcia-support and bluez-utils yet. He has a few other bluetooth
   packages at his personal site and i checked bluez-sdp from there. He
   also build a debhelper-less version of it.
   He also answered my other Questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
   Account:  ejad
   Forward-Email: edd@usefulinc.com

--
begin  OjE-ist-scheisse.txt
bye, Joerg                 Encrypted Mail preferred!