Re: Maintain queue quesiton

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:28:53PM -0700, David Caldwell wrote:
>  I've been reading the maintainer queue page
> (<http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php>) and I happened to notice that some
> accounts seem to get created quicker than others. I wondering why some
> people seem to get through the queue faster than others (I'm talking about
> _after_ the AM gives the thumbs up, but _before_ the DAM creates the
> account). It appears it's not first-come first-serve?

I'm not the DAM, just an AM.  I can give you two answers, one from being
an AM and taking an educated guess, the other because I wrote the site
and know all the big secrets. Well, some anyway; actually they're not
that big...

OK, first of all, I'd say the DAM would do "easy" applicants first.
Easy means applications from AMs that write reports in an easily
digestable way and have a good history of good, clear reports.  The
applicant has nothing unusual about them either.  A good example is a
GPG signed key is "easier" than an ID.  I base this answer on how I do
things and some off-the-cuff remarks I have heard and might of quite
easily misinterpreted.

Secondly, the DAM sees the applications ordered by the date they
applied, not the date that the AM approved them.  I'd say they probably
process them the same way.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>