Automatic notification of applicant status

Greetings!

A few weeks ago, I was wondering why an AM doesn't get a mail when his
applicants are accepted into Debian. After some consultation with elmo
and tbm, I implemented nm-notify-foo, a client-side script that
monitors a given set of applicants. This can be used to get
notifications :)

How it works? There is nm-notify-foo-add, which adds an applicant to
the notify list, and retrieves the latest info from
nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=foo@bar, and stores it in a database
(all this is done by calling nm-notify-foo-check). Then, there's the
nm-notify-foo script, which compares the results of
nm-notify-foo-check with the values in the local database, and echoes
the differences to stdout.

If one sets up a cron job, it will result in a notification mail
whenever something changes.

The sources are available from CVS:

:pserver:anonymous@midgard.debian.net:/cvsroot, module foobar/nm-notify-foo

Flames, feedback, flowers and praises are welcome ;)

Cheers,
--
Gergely Nagy \ mhp/|8]