AM report on Ludovic Drolez

===========================

Conclusion:
-----------

I recommend that Ludovic becomes a Debian developer.

Applicant info:
---------------

Name:	         Ludovic Drolez
Current email:   ldrolez@free.fr
Preferred email: ldrolez

Background:
-----------

Ludovic wrote me:

 > I live in France, Metz (near Belgium and Deutchland). I'm currently
 > working for an 'free software' company: Free & Alter Soft.

 > I've been using commercial distributions (RH, Mandrake) for 5 years
 > (using linux since kernel 1.2), and a few months ago, I got really
 > tired of sending bug reports to RH and Mandrake (now I can say that
 > the DO NOT REALLY TEST their distributions). When you report a bug,
 > they often say, 'thank you but we won't fix the bug'.  I'm developing
 > 'tkusr' and it does not work on RH 6.x/7 and Mandrake 7.x/8.x because
 > tcl/tk is BADLY configured !!!! (so I must provide static binaries).
 > One day I installed a Debian 2.2r0 on a spare partition and ran
 > 'tkusr': Wow !!! It worked !!!

 > Then, I started to be interested in Debian, seeking information on
 > how people make a Debian distrib and so on... And I soon understood
 > why Debian was so stable and well configured compared to commercial
 > distribs.  (As an RPM expert, I was also impressed by DEB packaging
 > tools !!!).  I then became a Debian Addict, and I find the project so
 > exciting that I'd like to help and contribute to its success.

Identification:
---------------

Ludovic provided me with the following gpg key:

pub  1024D/FD46A698 2001-07-22 Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez@free.fr>
sig!       FD46A698 2001-07-22  Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez@free.fr>
sig!       9D735B4F 2001-08-17  Igor Genibel <igor@gnu.org>
sub  1024g/F6C603E4 2001-07-22
sig!       FD46A698 2001-07-22  Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez@free.fr>

It it signed by Igor Genibel <igenibel@debian.org>.

Identification check passed.

Policy and procedures:
----------------------

Ludovic had read the Social Contract and the DFSG and will follow them
in his Debian related work. He also agrees to follow the DMUP.
I asked him some questions about the SC and the DFSG, as well as about
general Debian procedures. His answers show that he knows what those are
about and what their general implications are.

Policy and procedures check passed.

Tasks and Skills:
-----------------
Richard Atterer <atterer@debian.org>, who advocated and sponsors
Ludovic, wrote me:

 > Judging from his posting on debian-devel (msg #93278) and the contents
 > of the web pages he mentions, Ludovic Drolez's Unix/Linux know-how is
 > very detailed - I think his being a DD will be a benefit for Debian as
 > a whole. He also appears to be dedicated to the ideals of the Free
 > Software community. Furthermore, he has demonstrated his ability to
 > create a Debian package, by providing a lintian-clean and (almost)
 > perfect .deb for one of his own programs.

Ludovic has already made packages for tkusr, kbackup and swish-e. I
asked Richard about those:

 > I'm very content with his skills. When he first asked for a sponsor on
 > debian-devel, there was already a lintian-clean, working package of
 > his program on his homepage. There were only a couple of rather
 > cosmetic changes I requested from him (e.g. Description line a bit
 > unclear, old [potato] Standards-Version used). I'm still waiting for
 > him to fix some of those, but so far he has been quite responsive.
 > All in all: Thumbs up! :-)

Tasks and skills check passed.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw                  | Si l'on sait exactement ce   |