AM report on Kyle McMartin

AM report for Kyle McMartin
===========================

About Kyle:
-----------

Kyle is living in Ottawa, Canada. He said "I use Linux/Free Software
at home as a hobby, and I try to influence my parents, friends, and
teachers into seeing the light, whenever possible."

Identity Check:
---------------

Kyle's key is signed by Debian member Warren A. Layton:

pub  1024D/191FCD8A 2001-03-18 Kyle McMartin <kyle@achilles.net>
sig!       191FCD8A 2001-03-18  Kyle McMartin <kyle@achilles.net>
sig!       BFB880A3 2001-05-12  Warren A. Layton <zeevon@netwinder.org>
sub  2048g/46E4E0A4 2001-03-18 [expires: 2003-03-18]
sig!       191FCD8A 2001-03-18  Kyle McMartin <kyle@achilles.net>

When Kyle applied it looked as if he would not have an opportunity to
meet a debian member. Hence, I contacted a teacher of his and send him
the scanned Student Card that Kyle had send me. Mr Ierullo confirmed
to me that the person on the picture is Kyle.

ID check passed.

Philosphy and Procedures
------------------------

I asked Kyle to summarize in his own words our philosphy, to analyze
my favourite example of free and nonfree licences, how to handle the
case of a package that would depend on a GIF tool, about virtual
packages and the meaning of the architecture field in control. In the
beginning there was a slight confusion about LGPL and QPL, but when I
asked again he sorted it out nicely. Besides, he answered everything
to my complete satisfaction.

P&P check passed.

Tasks and Procedures
--------------------

Kyle has packaged mq3, a MP3 player for MP3 and OGG formats. I
criticed some minor points on the first version of his package which
he then fixed quickly. Since then I have been sponsoring Kyle for this
package.

The NMU-fixed bugs against mq3 that are listed in the BTS have been
fixed by Kyle, I did just the sponsored upload. There is a bug about
mq3 not compiling on arm, for this Kyle will need access to an arm
machine to fix it. The 10 identical copies (!) of the bug about the
german translation should be a wishlist item.

T&S passed.

Evaluation and Check In

I recommend Kyle as a Debian member.

Preferred login:   kyle