Re: NM who wants to work on translations

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 01:21:28PM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> >
> > The question is also whether he should be entitled to vote.  Developership
> > is not just about giving access to resources you know.
> >

> Anyone who is continuing to make a reasonable contribution to debian
> should be able vote and be considered part of the team.
>
> Social Contract. "4.Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software"
>
> Translators are making the distribution available to more users (non
> english speakers), it seems to me that it would be an ongoing job that
> would require persistent effort to be successfull.
>
> Debian is so much more than just packaging.

Hear, hear. Same goes for policy, as well.

There was a thread a while ago about someone who wanted to join and be a policy guy; the response was more or less, no, you can do policy from outside Debian. But, what use is being in policy when you can't even *vote*?

Let the man in. (I hope it's a man, I didn't read the original, mutt over a slow SSH is painful).

Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer
daniel@kabuki.openfridge.net