Re: Report on Jaakko Niemi <liiwi@lonesom.pp.fi>

Report on Jaakko Niemi <liiwi@lonesom.pp.fi>

Identification
--------------

Jaakko has a key signed by Debian developer Arto Jantunen.

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------

Jaakko answered my test questions about licensing issues correctly. He
has read and agrees with the DFSG and the DMUP.

Tasks and Skills
----------------

Jaakko has packaged sfs, a networking file system that provides crypto
and a global namespace on top of NFSv3. This complicated package,
involving shared libraries and several built packages, certainly
proves his skills in this area. The package can be found at
http://212.226.133.178. He was very quick to fix problems with the
package (initially, it didn't build on Alpha, which he has fixed now).

Recommendation

I'm convinced Jaakko would be helpful for the Debian project and
recommend to accepted his application.

        Falk