Re: automatic letters

Craig,

Some cosmetic changes and a couple of spelling error fixes. Otherwise
the emails sound fine. I am glad that you have decided to give an
additional three weeks after the first warning email.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:41:30AM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> G'day All,
>   I've drafted two emails that will be sent out at 3 and 6 weeks of an
> applicant who is not advocated. Comments please!
>
> 3 week one, warning
> --------
>
> Dear <applicant>,
>   On <apply_date> you applied to become a Debian maintainer on the Debian
> New Maintainer website at http://nm.debian.org/  After 3 weeks of applying,
> all applicants who have not yet been advocated receive this warning email.
>
> Advocation is where a current Debian maintainer believe you have made enough
                                              s/believe/believes/
> preparations for applying to a maintainer.  It is generally reasonably easy
                           s/to/to be/
> to be advocated.  For example if you are wanting to build packages for
> the Debian project then you would probably want to build it and get it
> checked and uploaded by a sponsor (see
> http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/debian/sponsor/ for more information)
> then your sponsor to be your advocate.  If you are working on a porting
                 s/to/could/
> or translation subproject, then someone their should be able to advocate you.
                                        s/their/there/

> After 6 weeks of being in the waiting for advocate queue your application
> will automatically be deleted from the New Maintainer database.  After
> that time if you then believe you are now prepared for the new maintainer
> process you are free to reapply.

The above paragraph can probably be rephrased:

If you have not found an advocate within six weeks from the date of
your application, then your application will be automatically deleted
from the New Maintainer database. You may re-apply any time when you
believe that you are prepared for the new maintainer process.

> For more information about advocates, see
> http://www.debian.org/devel/join/nm-advocate
>
>   - New Maintainer Committee

Similar comments for the second email as well.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer