Re: NM Applicant Michael Fedrowitz

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 03:10:44PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> I think we should try to push applicants to make some serious effort
> to have their key signed.  In the case of Michael (under the hypothesis
> that he really is based in Ulm) it seems reasonable to expect that he arranges
> something with a developer in Stuttgart or Augsburg.
>
> On the other hand I understand that AMs can not always evaluate the
> situation when they don't know the country of the applicant. In this
> case why not ask for help on this list? I'll be glad to answer that
> type of question for France and Germany, for instance.

Good idea, after James' message about we strongly prefers a signed key I
have not let any applicants through without a signed key.

I generally run through the db.d.o and then try to filter on
province/state as well as country.

I then might say developers are at "Sydney, Wollongong, Nowra,
Strathfield".  and let the applicant tell me the closest one:
"Strathfield, if not then Sydney".

Then I ask the maintainers, only if they agree do i tell the applicant
it the maintainers name.
  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>