Re: Putting people on hold postings

Hi.

In <[🔎] 874rxsdji5.fsf@student.uni-tuebingen.de>,
  on 18 Feb 2001 17:49:06 +0100,
    on Putting people on hold postings,
 Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@student.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> can somebody explain why we are supposed to post a message here if we
> put somebody on hold? I mean, if it is not justified the applicant
> will complain, so I don't see any reason for us to check that.

Well, we didn't do that at early stage, so there may be some reasons
to do so now.

Perhaps "silently putting on-hold" is not good in some cases, for ex.
when the AM and the aplicant have some problem in mail-exchange or
the AM and the applicant have some disagreement in something.

Public "on-hold posting" may work to inform the applicant and others
about the on-hold itself.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>