Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 11:21:51PM -0700, Tim Riker wrote:
> I'm still in the queue, but...
>
> The tracking could be improved. I filled out an application a while ago
> so all I could fill in whas name and email. No AM has been assigned to
> me yet, though Martin did contact me and we went through the checklist.

Patience.  Now that you have been through the checklist, when you are
assigned an AM, things should be very quick.  I'm sure there's stuff
you can do in the meantime.

> I get the impression that I'm just a name and email in some database I
> can't see. I await some busy individual to a assign me to a busy AM who
> will then ask me questions.

Assigned automatically when you reach the top of the queue an there's
an AM with a vacancy.

> It would be nice if the potential maintainer could access a live
> database record and add/update info like GPG keys, current releated
> projects etc.

Once you speak to the AM, you will just send this info to them in an
email.

> I think the database _should_ track folks that have not yet completed
> everything in the check list. As long as they can come back and fill
> things in, there is a gain from this.

It does track every applicant, but with only minimal details.
Applicants cannot change info, but they can view it.  See
http://nm.debian.org/.

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/