Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']
- To: New Maintainer Admin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Fwd: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation']
- From: Martin Michlmayr <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:34:07 +0000
- Message-id: <20010129123406.A3223@sumpf.cyrius.com>
- In-reply-to: <20010129114706.M1415@polya>; from J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk on Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 11:47:06AM +0000
- References: <3A7365B7.CAA0FB7F@optushome.com.au> <20010128011201.B24516@polya> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20010129104152.A1585@sumpf.cyrius.com> <20010129114706.M1415@polya>
* Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> [20010129 11:47]:
> I think the suggestion is that on the entry form (newnm.php), you
> could ask the applicant, probably before their name and email address:
Yeah, I thought about something similar before I came up with my
recommandation thing. The problem is that if it doesn't work we lose
4-6 months before we can switch to the recommandation system (two
months until we actually process NMs who saw the "are you prepared?"
message, and then some more time until we change the system, and then
again 2 months until we process the new people).
The advantage of the "are you prepared?" system is that Debian would
be perceived less as a close group, but I'm not sure this system is
going to work as well as the "by recommandation" one.