Re: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation'

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> While this might be a good idea in theory, I don't like it -- simply
> because I'm paranoid and don't want my private e-mail archived on a
> public server.  But of course each applicant can keep logs, and send
> the relevant information to his new AM.  Hmm, I took over a couple of
> NMs from other AMs and have mostly started from scratch anyway; and
> it didn't take particularly long...

This don't have to be 'public', but viewable by all AMs would be
sufficient. If would be doable with a pretty simple programm running on
pandora (aka nm.d.o) through which all mails would go... How about
something like this:
 - Each applicant gets a unique ID (maybe there is already one in the
   DB)
 - Mails go through 12345-am@nm.debian.org resp. 12345-nm@nm.d.o; final
   reports go to 12345-done@nm.d.o. Reply-To: will automatically be set
   to the right address.
 - There would be an archive only accessable by AMs.

I don't know if would be save much time, and if if would make much
sense. But I guess that I would add some more transparency...

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>