Re: [RFC] Making NM 'by recommendation'

* Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au> [20010128 13:08]:
> 1) automated initial skills check, have a pool of multichoice questions
> that can determine roughly their skills before being forwarded to an AM.

Yes, this has been discussed before.  See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint-discuss-0012/msg00120.html

> 2) an easy way for NM to be able to change their email contact address.

Yes, a nice web form is needed (Currently you have to send e-mail to
new-maintainer@debian.org and ask for a change).

> 3) correspondence between AM and NM be logged so other AM can take over
> if for whatever reason the AM cannot continue to process the NM.

While this might be a good idea in theory, I don't like it -- simply
because I'm paranoid and don't want my private e-mail archived on a
public server.  But of course each applicant can keep logs, and send
the relevant information to his new AM.  Hmm, I took over a couple of
NMs from other AMs and have mostly started from scratch anyway; and
it didn't take particularly long...
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com