Re: David Bishop on Hold]

On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 02:12:19AM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:35:34PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

[Snippage of banter re: NM wanting to do bug-squashing....]

> The problem is he said he has no programming skills, so he would only do
> trivial tasks in the bts -- checking if a bug is still applicable, tagging
> bugs, etc. I don't think he needs to be a maintainer to do this as the BTS's
> control server is open to anyone.
>
> > Also, point him to the QA mailing list (debian-qa) and the web site
> > http://qa.debian.org  (Also, the QA web site says that you can be
> > a "QA member" without being a Debian developer).

I would agree that a person does not need a @debian.org to do
bug fixes/QA stuff. But, IMHO, if he's willing to do it, and does
a rather good job of it, we _should_ reward him with Developer
status.

Maybe this HO opens a can of worms re: rewards for volunteering,
but IMHO, QA could use all the help they can get, and if someone
makes themselves useful, it would be rather crass of us to say
something to the effect of "you don't need dev status to do that."

Just mu US$0.02.

Cheers!
/ Clay Crouch, UNIX Weenie ;^>    | <danno@danno.tzo.com>           \
| Debian Package Maintainer       | <danno@debian.org>              |
| 1024D/7D2AD631: 2319 2356 FEDF 4631 63F3 762A E443 1C2A 7D2A D631 |
|  "Some [people] are always trying to ice skate uphill." -- Blade  |