Re: David Bishop on Hold

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:35:34PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> [20001213 10:57]:
> > with BTS problems: trivial, longstanding bugs, bugs that were fixed
> > already but are still open in BTS, bug tagging, etc.
> >
> > What do we do with this cases? Remove them from the database?
>
> Put him on hold, tell him that he can fix bugs without being an
> official Debian developer.

That's what I told him in my reply.

> Tell him he can still become a Debian
> developer if he wants -- ask him to fix a couple of bugs over
> a period of one or two months.  If he fixes many bugs, I would
> approve him in 2 months (ie. if you see that he _really_ does
> work for Debian, then approve him.  You can also check on
> http://bugs.debian.org if he submitted bug reports before).

The problem is he said he has no programming skills, so he would only do
trivial tasks in the bts -- checking if a bug is still applicable, tagging
bugs, etc. I don't think he needs to be a maintainer to do this as the BTS's
control server is open to anyone.

> Also, point him to the QA mailing list (debian-qa) and the web site
> http://qa.debian.org  (Also, the QA web site says that you can be
> a "QA member" without being a Debian developer).

Ah, this is interesting. I'll tell him about this.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach Pérez || jordi@pusa.informat.uv.es || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || jordi@sindominio.net      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E