Sponsorship of a new maintainer

[ Please CC me all replies to this message, as I am not subscribed to this
list.  Thank you. ]

Dear Members of the New Maintainer Team:

I am sending this message in the hope that I can expedite the procedure of
processing a new applicant for the Debian team.  The candidate's name is:
Serge M. Egelman <serge@guanotronic.com>.

I know this applicant personally (in fact,  I recruited him for Debian),
and
can vouch for his identity (I have signed his PGP key) and his computer
skills.  In my opinion, he would make a fine member of the Debian team and
would prove to be valuable asset to the project.

Since we both live in the same town (in fact, he is a student of mine), I
am available to mentor him and provide assistance in "learning the ropes"
of the responsibilities required of a maintainer.  Please keep this in
mind when processing his application.

Thank you for your attention, and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Brian Mays
<brian@debian.org>