Re: How long to wait for applicant response?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Gopal Narayanan wrote:

> Hi AMs,
>
> I have an applicant who told me a week ago that he would send his
> scanned id (he said he had a scanner even). So far no replies from
> him. How long is it considered normal to wait? Do AMs normally send
> reminders if the applicant takes a while? Just curious, because I
> realize the more time each applicant takes, somebody else is waiting
> in the queue.

First, this is entirely up to you ;-)

Seriously, a week is probably stretching things for something the
applicant has already said "just a minute and I'll get that to you". On
the other hand, a second ping may be all it takes to start things moving.

Check out the notes on how to put an application on hold (I think it is in
Notes for AMs). This is the next thing to do if delays persist.

Another way to deal with this is to take on more applicants at one time,
so the waiting is less restricting.

Like I said, it's up to you.

Luck,

Dwarf