Re: Details for taking a break

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> * Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> [20001116 21:45]:
> > > Craig (csmall) and Martin (tbm) to see who can process the most
> >
> > I have a problem with "high producers" of new maintainers. I think
> > it's important that we AMs know every applicant we have and I prefer
> > knowing an applicant will be a good maintainer over processing as
> > many maintainers as possible.
>
> Just for the record: I think that I devote enough time for every
> applicant of mine.  (If I should have less time for AM tasks at some
> point in the future, I will decrease my number of applicants).

Sorry, I did wrote in a wrong way what I wanted to say: When reading
Dale's mail it sounded as if you two try to break a record who processes
most applicants. After rereading my mail I see that I did really
misformulate my mail: It sounds as if I disagree with your work. I didn't
want to say that you don't do good work or that you look after more
applicants than you can handle. I wanted to say:

It's good if we process many applicants as long as we don't forget that
quality is more important than quantity.

Sorry for this,
Adrian

                -- Mahatma Ghandi