Re: Weakly Report

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:08:32AM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> True. but what can we do to speed them up?
>
> When looking at the application in detail, some things could be done
> before they apply.
>
> - have their key ready and signed
> - have proof ready of their skills (e.g. sponsoring)
>
> The key signing part is the most time consuming with most of the applicants
> I have had in the past.

Strange, i find P&P the most time consuming.  Still, the time is largely
chewed up with very slow replies, whatever the stage.

I've had one applicant who didn't have a signed GPG key and it took me
a few days, then again, I've had about 3 or so where it has taken me
weeks.

But yes, if they have a signed GPG key and a package somewhere (doesn't
even have to be sponsored) AND they reply quickylu I can be checking ID
and T&S while they're pondering P&P.

Great when it happens. I'm trying to work out how to make P&P easier
(easier as in what is the question not what is the answer). Most
applicants get stuck there (if they're replying).

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>