AM report for Robert Merkel

Report for new developer applicant: Robert Graham Merkel

Hello,

I am happy to report I recommand Robert Merkel to be accepted as a new
Debian developer.

Identification
--------------

Robert has provided his GPG public key to me which is signed by the
Debian developer Tyson Dowd. So he passed the ID check.

pub  1024D/AC7498D1 2000-03-17 Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net>
sig        AC7498D1 2000-03-17  Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net>
sig        5B74BD29 2000-03-23  Tyson Dowd <trd@cs.mu.oz.au>
sig        09306B89 2000-03-23  Tyson Dowd <tyson@tyse.net>
sig        A0A67E92 2000-06-06  [User id not found]
sub  1024g/95F6A9CC 2000-03-17
sig        AC7498D1 2000-03-17  Robert Graham Merkel <rgmerk@mira.net>

Philosophy and Procedures
-------------------------

Robert has agreed to both the DFSG and the Social Contract. In his job
he in working exclusively on free software. He works for a company that
is doing a lot of the development of GnuCash. GnuCash is licenced under
the GPL. In his job he had to deal with licensing issues himself and so
has some experience in this field.

As I stated before Robert agrees to the DFSG, but he does not like the
patch clause very much. Nevertheless he does not think it is necessary
to remove it now as it has been there for so long. He said that he does
not support the proposal of removing non-free as it is a violation of
the Social Contract in his eyes.

He has also read and agrees to the DMUP.

Tasks and Skills
----------------

As I mentioned in the philosophy part Robert is involved in the
development of GnuCash and has experience in developing free software
using free software. He also packages bpalogin which is lintian clean and
looks good to me. I am sponsoring this package for him until he becomes a
developer.

Prefered account name: rgmerk
Forwarded to: rgmerk@mira.net
He wants to be subscribed to -private with rgmerk@debian.org.