Final Report on Eric VanBuggenhaut

Final Report for Eric Van Buggenhaut <eric@eric.ath.cx>

Eric has completed the new-maintainer checklist to my satisfaction.
I recommend that he be accepted as a Debian developer.

      First name: Eric
       Last name: Van Buggenhaut
  Current e-mail: <eric@eric.ath.cx>
  Desired e-mail: <ericvb@debian.org>, forwarded to <eric@eric.ath.cx>

GPG Key:

   The GPG public key Eric provided is attatched to this report,
   and bears the following ID and Fingerprint:

   pub  1024D/B09E8530 2000-08-05 Eric Van Buggenhaut (ta mère!)  \
        <Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be>
   Key fingerprint = F1B2 5DDA 3929 1D3F 58AF  6C26 E152 EE59 B09E 8530
   sub  1024g/9C02C538 2000-08-05

   The key bears no signatures by Developers.

Identification

   Eric has provided a photo ID, signed by the GPG key
   that is attatched to this report.

   Eric recived third-party verification from Adam Di Carlo
   <adam@onshore.com> (a current Developer), who vouched that
   Eric already has commit access to cvs.d.o/debian-boot.

Philosophy and Procedures

   Eric's own words:

   "I fully understand and agree with the Debian Social Contract and the
   Debian Free Software Guidelines. I'll do my best to fullfill them."

   I declined to press him further, since he is already trusted enough
   to have commit access to cvs.d.o/debian-boot. :^)

Tasks and Skills

   Eric has adopted 'crafty', and plans to adopt others.
   He has a lintian-clean update of 'crafty' ready for upload.
   Eric is already a French Translator for debian-boot. He wants
   to expand his contributions to include package maintenence.

Evaluation and Check-in:

   Eric is a bit weak WRT packaging, but he learns fast, and knows
   where to find info. The first package he showed me only had a minor
   policy violation, which I didn't tell him what it was; only that
   there was one there. He found and corrected it on his own, in a
   matter of minutes. Otherwise, the package looked good.

   IMHO, he will do well as a maintainer, once he gains experience. :^)

Cheers!
/ Clay Crouch, UNIX Weenie ;^>    | <danno@danno.tzo.com>           \
| Debian Package Maintainer       | <danno@debian.org>              |
| 1024D/7D2AD631: 2319 2356 FEDF 4631 63F3 762A E443 1C2A 7D2A D631 |
|  "Some [people] are always trying to ice skate uphill." -- Blade  |