Re: Signed Picture?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:49:56PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>  I'd like to know what I should do with a signed picture an applicant is
> sending me? Should I sign his key, how should I verify it, or what else?
> It seems a little awkward to me to accept just a signed picture that
> could be anyone *scratches*

Ask the applicant to give you the contact name and telephone number for a
"verifier". This should be somebody like a university professor or an executive
at a corporation... somebody that has an official online presence of some kind.

Send the picture to the verifier and have him/her verify the identity. Then,
you could call the verifier by calling the university or company switchboard
and asking for him/her by name.

That's my suggestion,

Luca

--
Luca Filipozzi
[dpkg] We are the apt. Resistance is futile. You will be packaged.