Re: [nm-admin] Identification step in the current scheme (Re: Fear the new maintainer process)

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 03:33:47AM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Perhaps, once again, that is not the issue here. The issue is whether to
> trust existing Debian developers to authenticate (sign) the key of
> aspiring Debian developers.

Trusting developers doesn't seem to be an issue at all.  No effort being
made to verify that the photo corresponds to the person, all that is
being required is that the applicant can provide a photo (not photo ID
unless I misremember what Dale said when I asked him).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/