TAG: non-daw -- Non is a modular DAW which includes four components: non-session-manager, non-timeline, non-mixer, non-sequencer

Package: non-daw
Severity: RFP

Non is a modular DAW. Modular in the Unix sense. This is unique. Other DAWs, even in the free-software realm, are large, bloated, and, as a rule, monolithic. This goes against the Unix philosophy and fails to take full advantage of the power and flexibility of JACK.

The components of Non work together and separately, allowing you create a studio tailored to your own needs.

- Non-Session-Manager

The Non Session Manager is an API and an (GUI) implementation for session management in the context of Linux Audio. NSM clients use a well-specified OSC protocol to communicate with the session management daemon.

- Non-timeline

The Non Timeline is a powerful, reliable and fast modular Digital Audio Timeline arranger, released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It utilizes the JACK Audio Connection Kit for inter-application audio I/O and the NTK GUI toolkit for a fast and lightweight user interface.

Non Timeline can be used alone or in concert with Non Mixer and Non Sequencer to form a complete studio.

- Non-Mixer

The Non Mixer is a powerful, reliable and fast modular Digital Audio Mixer, released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It utilizes the JACK Audio Connection Kit for inter-application audio I/O and the NTK GUI toolkit for a fast and lightweight user interface.

Non Mixer can be used alone or in concert with Non Timeline and Non Sequencer to form a complete studio.

- Non-Sequencer

The Non Sequencer is a powerful, lightweight, real-time, pattern-based MIDI sequencer for Linux--released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It utilizes the JACK Audio Connection Kit for MIDI I/O and the NTK GUI toolkit for its user interface.

Everything in Non Sequencer happens on-line, in realtime. Music can be composed live, while the transport is rolling.

License:

GPL version 2

Website:

http://non.tuxfamily.org/