Re: timgm6mb-soundfont (was Re: default soundfonts)

Am Freitag, den 02.08.2019, 21:46 +0000 schrieb Thorsten Glaser:
> >Do you wish to adapt that? I can commit how I imagine that to
> >work, if you want.

I am not exactly sure I understand what you mean here? You want to
embed licensing information in the soundfont file itself?

> http://timbrechbill.com/saxguru/Timidity.php is the closest
> fit I could find. Perhaps ask Tim? The version downloadable
> from there is also 24K larger, perhaps a bugfix?

Okay, we should probably replace the Homepage field with this link.
Also, I don't see any way to address the author there except for a
dubious guestbook. Wow, this is really very late-90s over there... ;)

Regarding the file size, I guess the file we have in the Debian package
comes from the musescore sources, right? Did they have somewhere
documented where they got their copy from?

> From https://musescore.org/en/node/1463#comment-9168
> apparently. (I’m a bit wary about blanket PD statements,
> but…)

We should probably document this quote in debian/copyright.

 - Fabian