timgm6mb-soundfont (was Re: default soundfonts)

Dixi quod…

>Fabian Greffrath dixit:
>
>>Agreed, then I'll prepare timgm6mb-soundfont for upload now.
>
>I just noticed that the soundfont itself is GPLv2… (only?)
>in mine I use a script that edits the .sf2 to update metadata
>like author or licence, perhaps you want to embed the licence
>grant into the soundfont file as well? (I also am, somewhat,
>working on a MuseScore patch that aggregates those headers
>from the soundfonts used and puts them into ID3 tags or similar
>for the generated waveforms so licence compliane is easier.)
>
>Do you wish to adapt that? I can commit how I imagine that to
>work, if you want.

Continuing in a more appropriate venue for this subdiscussion,
the Homepage field is also broken (domain parking), and the
wayback machine does not have it archived.

http://timbrechbill.com/saxguru/Timidity.php is the closest
fit I could find. Perhaps ask Tim? The version downloadable
from there is also 24K larger, perhaps a bugfix?

Worse, neither Tim’s homepage nor
https://github.com/musescore/musescore-old/tree/master/mscore/share/sound
have any licencing information on that font (any more?)…
so where does the GPLv2-only snippet come from? Not even
his “Full Version” PKZIP .exe file contains any licence info…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yay for having to rewrite other people's Bash scripts because bash
suddenly stopped supporting the bash extensions they make use of