Fwd: Re: white_dune update to 0.99pl1010 ?

Subject: 	Re: white_dune update to 0.99pl1010 ?
Date: 	Tue, 9 Oct 2018 11:28:47 -0700
From: 	Raúl Benencia <id@rbenencia.name>
To: 	j. scheurich <mufti11@web.de>

| Hello MUFTI,
|
| I'm sorry I took so long to answer. Somehow your email was buried deep
| in my inbox.
|
| I'm not the maintainer of white_dune and unfortunately I don't have a
| lot of time in my hands to help you with the packaging. The maintainer
| of this package is the Debian Multimedia Maintainers team, and you can
| contact them in their the mailing list debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 04:19:09PM +0200, j. scheurich wrote:
Hi,

You are a debian maintainer of white_dune ?

https://blends.debian.org/multimedia/tasks/animation

| Whitedune
| graphical VRML97/X3D viewer, editor, 3D modeller and animation tool
| http://vrml.cip.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/dune/
<http://vrml.cip.ica.uni-stuttgart.de/dune/>
| Maintainer: Debian Multimedia Maintainers
<mailto:pkg-multimedia-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>(Raúl Benencia
<mailto:rul@kalgan.cc>)

I am the source maintainer/upstream for white_dune and want to ask, what has
to be
done to update white_dune in debian to version 0.99pl1010 (the newest stable
version).

Now the newest version is 099pl1072

The website of white_dune has changed to https://wdune.ourproject.org/ and
there is a
script in the source package to create automatically a debian stretch
package

$ cd wdune-0.99pl1010/packager/debian
$ sh mkdeb_strech.sh

The script is long in use and may not be up to date with newer debian
developments,
but it is still working.

VRML/X3D is not dead, newer developments like x_ite
(http://create3000.de/x_ite/getting-started/)
let you display it in a webgl enabled webbrowser.
If you have webgl enabled in firefox, you can see a example at

https://wdune.ourproject.org/examples/warbird.html

so long
MUFTI