Re: Introducing myself

Hi James!

On 8/12/2018 3:08 PM, James Cowgill wrote:
> Hi Erich,
>
> On 12/08/18 22:31, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> My name is Erich Eickmeyer. I am the current council chair for Ubuntu
>> Studio, and my presence has been requested to join the Debian Multimedia
>> Team by Simon Quigley.
> Great! You can go to this page to request access to the salsa group (you
> will need an account on salsa):
> https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team
>
>> I have created a debdiff to update the Calf plugins included in both
>> Debian and Ubuntu, which would be a bugfix for both distributions. It
>> updates the package to 0.90.1, and can be found here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/calf/+bug/1769785
> Since you've written it in the bug, you probably know that all
> multimedia team packages are maintained in git on salsa. This means any
> changes need to be in the form of a git branch based on the existing
> work on salsa.

> I see that Jaromir has imported 0.90.0 already so hopefully it's not too
> much work to update that to 0.90.1.

Yeah, the .1 release, which I have discussed with the upstream
developer, contains fixes to bugs which would cause the plugins to crash
Ardour. Another problem that was causing Ardour to crash is the old,
abandoned, and deprecated calf-ladspa package (deprecated per upstream).
The problem mostly happens when the two are installed at the same time,
so I made the package such that the two cannot be installed at the same
time at the author's request.

As for everything else, I'll get to it. :)