Re: Maintaining a Launchpad PPA

Hi Nathan,

* Nathan Ho <nathan@snappizz.com> [2017-12-27 16:58]:
Unfortunately, it's gone defunct since the process of uploading to the PPA -- or more generally, making any kind of binaries available for Ubuntu or Debian users -- was not documented. The situation has gotten pretty bad, and we have to ask all of our Ubuntu/Debian users to build SuperCollider themselves if they want versions newer than what's currently available in Stretch.

Have a look at the backports project for that:

https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

I'm very new to Debian packaging, and I'm tasked with rectifying this. I've looked at plenty of documentation for Launchpad and Debian packaging, but I'm really having trouble making progress.

There seems to be a well maintained package in Debian already, so it should probably be enough to fix the dependencies and try it. If you have a specific problem with packaging, have a look at the mentors list:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentorsFaq

Cheers Jochen