Maintaining a Launchpad PPA

Hi list,

I'm a maintainer of SuperCollider, and we have our own Launchpad PPA so that we can get new versions of the software out to Ubuntu users quickly: https://launchpad.net/~supercollider

Unfortunately, it's gone defunct since the process of uploading to the PPA -- or more generally, making any kind of binaries available for Ubuntu or Debian users -- was not documented. The situation has gotten pretty bad, and we have to ask all of our Ubuntu/Debian users to build SuperCollider themselves if they want versions newer than what's currently available in Stretch.

I'm very new to Debian packaging, and I'm tasked with rectifying this. I've looked at plenty of documentation for Launchpad and Debian packaging, but I'm really having trouble making progress.

Since the Debian Multimedia team maintains Debian packaging for SuperCollider, I figured I'd turn to you people. I'd really appreciate it if someone would be willing to help walk me through this process. Thanks!

Nathan