Re: Kodi Chorus2 web interface (RFH)

Hi Bálint,

On 01/17/2017 03:28 PM, Bálint Réczey wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I have started packaging Kodi's new web interface but it looks like
> there are many missing build dependencies.
>
> We are in soft freeze thus the package would not have been accepted,
> but it could have been uploaded as an additional source tarball for
> kodi like the patched libdvd* sources are handled now.
>
> If someone could figure out how to build the web interface without all
> the grunt npm packages and Ruby gems it could make Kodi be released
> with a functional web interface.
>
> Any help is appreciated in packaging. Even if we miss Stretch, I will
> keep backporting new Kodi versions and having a working web interface
> earlier would be nice.
>
> Cheers,
> Balint

Can you point me to where I can find out which node-* packages and gems
are needed?

I have been working on node packages for other software, and most of the
grunt stuff has been uploaded by Pirate Praveen in the last few months.

I was also thinking of packaging another couple of gems that I was
forced to install locally recently.

So if there was a list, I might be able to help share some of the load
for Buster.

Cheers,

Ross