Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 23:04:42 +0100
From: f.rech@yahoo.fr
To: debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: FLV Problem

Le 07/01/2014 20:42, Nigel Verity a écrit :
Hi

I would welcome suggestions on curing what I believe is probably a "missing codec" problem.

I run Point Linux, which is a Debian (Wheezy) derivative. It comes with some 3rd party drivers and codecs built-in. Out of the box it plays FLV files perfectly, using VLC or Mplayer. However, after installing
a number of multimedia programs including Audacity, OpenShot, Minitube and Handbrake all attempts to play FLV files now fail. With VLC the error message describes the codec as undefined, Mplayer simply does nothing.

All the evidence suggests that a codec has somehow been deleted or corrupted. However, Handbrake is still able to read FLV files and convert them to MP4. Browser-based FLV players, such as Youtube and BBC iPlayer also work fine. I've copied the files to another computer (also running Point Linux) and they run perfectly, so I'm confident there is not a problem with the files themselves.

Are there any libraries or other objects which I should install/reinstall to ensure FLV files can be played by VLC, or maybe some configuration files which need to be edited?

Grateful for any assistance.

Regards

Nige Verity

Hi Nigel,

not sure if culprit was Openshot, but have had some kind of problem like yours 2/3 years ago when tried Openshot, Kdenlive, and all the applis like they available in Debian.

Uninstall all of they have fixed the issue. At the same period, there was a conflict between VLC and libav*something*51 or 52...

HTH;.

Oh, just a question if you please : what make you choose Point Linux ?
--
Fred

Ah, si chaque grain de sable choisissait d'apporter sa goutte d'eau, hein ?