Re: reasons for split of libavcodec54 and libavcodec-extra-54, missing codecs and a metapackage.

Le quartidi 4 ventôse, an CCXXII, shirish शिरीष a écrit :
> On the ffmpeg side there seems to be some movement happening.
>
> http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2014-February/154080.html
>
> If memory serves right, whatever happens in ffmpeg does get mirrored
> by people who are working on libav as well, so at some point once this
> starts working, we should have it soonish rather than later.

That is the other way around: every enhancement to avconv and co. is merged
into FFmpeg into a daily basis.

Enhancements and bugfixes to FFmpeg are merged into avconv only when someone
cares to do it enough to forego the bureaucratic review process. That often
means never.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George