Re: reasons for split of libavcodec54 and libavcodec-extra-54, missing codecs and a metapackage.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:15 AM, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lastly, is there a possibility of having a metapackage so people could
> have all of it in one go ? Codecs, video player, the works.
>
> something like :-
>
> $ apt-get install debian-multimedia

If you do find some packages that improve decoding over just
installing vlc or totem (as described by Fabian), we could add them to
the multimedia-players metapackage, which is quite empty at this time.

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler