Re: Please consider maintaining Blends information (Was: Bullet Physics Library)

Hi Andreas, others. (dropping the games list and bug since this
doesn't really concern them).

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:10 AM, Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org> wrote:

> The same is perfectly valid for Debian Multimedia: Last change was done
> at 2011-07-27 (by fsateler)[4] and those both teams are missing a really
> big chance to get new users / developers by failing to drive by the
> Debian Wheezy release notes which is regarded by a large user base all
> over the world.  IMHO it is your choice to tell the world:
>
>   Hey, there are people inside Debian who care about Games / Multimedia
>   and we have all this cool stuff for you.  Debian wants to be one of
>   the big distributions in this field.
>
> or you can keep on doing your admitedly fine technical work in your
> teams which are really studious but shyly hidden inside the large
> package pool of Debian with 30k packages.

Indeed. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to properly leverage the
blends tools. I wonder how can we find people willing to help out on
this? I've been thinking of asking in the upstream user lists for
people that might be interested in helping out defining usable
metapackages, but I haven't done it yet. Any other ideas?

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler