Re: List of required packages.

Dear Mr. Weaver,

the error messages that you are posting can have a multitude of reasons. However, they are much to vague for us to be seriously able to help you.

Generally, with Debian Wheezy, you do not need to install any package from an external repository anymore to play back the most common video formats. One exception are proprietary DVDs for which you need libdvdcss - for which in turn we (in Debian) do not have found a solution yet.

I thus recommend you to read through this page

<http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ>

especially the last paragraph, and try again with a clean Debian installation. Adding random packages from other repositories is known to cause breakage in many cases.

And then, please file proper bug reports against affected packages instead of quoting random error messages from the console.

Best Regards,
Fabian