Re: RT prio settings and much more

Hi Raffaele,

"Debian does not support multimedia desktop/laptop users 'out of the box'."
If you all were coding for debian packages probably they will ;-)

We do, but what the Debian project chooses to make a priority is not under the control of the small multimedia packaging team. For example, Ardour was removed from Debian testing over a technicality to do with embedded library policy.

e.g. I can't figure out why Ardour 2.x is in sid from ages and not in testing while on stable is 0.99...

That's why... The fact that Ardour is a critical package for us, and even with embedded, custom versions of libraries is a relatively small package (compared to say Iceweasel or OpenOffice.org) did not matter.

> isn't Free a debian mantainer?

Yes, he maintains a lot of multimedia packages and some others too.

    There are many commercial organisations that contribute to Debian,
    many of them much larger than us.

That's probably true... €/$ comes into play ever

Free Software developers still need to eat :-)

Cheers!

Daniel