Re: should this list have an irc channel?

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:13:53AM -0400, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> Does this list currently have a corresponding irc channel?
>
> There is an rzr in #debian-multimedia on oftc at the moment, but no one
> else. There is still a #demudi on freenode which is also sparsely
> populated (and probably not worth reviving(?)).
>
> I'll be in #debian-multimedia on oftc. I don't know anything about
> registering channels and making them official and all that, though. I've
> often wanted to be able to just chat about debian audio and video
> issues. We do a fair bit of that in #debconf-video, but a more specific
> place to discuss this stuff that didn't also get debconf traffic would
> be nice, imho.

Thanks to Ganneff and holger I've figured out the basics of registering
the channel. Currently I'm the only one with op privs. I don't care to
be op and as soon as anyone else who is registered on oftc joins I'll
spread oppishness around.

Can a note about the channel be added to the alioth page and perhaps
somewhere in the list info?

Thanks,
Eric Rz.