Low-latency kernel

Hi!

One of the first things anyone doing multimedia stuff with Debian is going to want is a kernel that's configured for low latency.

What is currently the recommended way of configuring/installing such a kernel? Might be a good idea to put (a link to) some documentation about this somewhere on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia

Ubuntu has a 'linux-image-lowlatency' package providing a readily configured and built kernel suitable for multimedia work. I haven't checked, but I expect 64 Studio and Studio To Go! to have done similar work. It might be worthwhile to compare notes and perhaps provide such a package for Debian also.

Arnout