Re: Ardour 2.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 07:40:29PM EST, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> (I'm cc-ing the other maintainers of the ardour package and the
> debian-multimedia list as well)

No problem.

> Thanks! I think it's a good base to start on, however I'm thinking to
> make a couple of cosmetic changes:
>
> - Drop the ardour2-session-exchange (which consists of only one file)
>   and ardour2-doc (very few text files as well) packages and merge them
>   with the actual binary packages [0], this makes things simpler.

Makes sense.

> - Keep the package source name as "ardour" instead of changing it to
>   "ardour2", as the upstream tarball is named ardour-X.Y

Yep.

> - Name the binary packages simply "ardour", "ardour-i686" and "ardour-altivec",
>   this will keep the possibility of a parallel install of the old ardour-gtk
>   package, and at the same time if you type "apt-get install ardour" you
>   get ardour 2.0 installed, which is what I intuitively expect to happen.

I am going to go ahead and make these changes now, as UbuntuStudio want
to ship ardour2 on the CD they are preparing, and while not in Ubuntu
proper, I'd rather we get it right the first time. I'll let you know
once I have done so, and will point you to the source package.

Thanks for your response.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE