Re: migrate old freebob (now ffado) to demudi svn

Hi Marcio,

|--==> marciotex  writes:

  m> Hi.
  m> I'm the libfreebob package maintainer.

  m> http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/FreeBoB_on_Debian_GNU/Linux

  m>  I'm not a DD, yet. I guess would be interesting work together with
  m>  multimedia team, more close. Is it possible give me svn write
  m>  permissions? This way I can migrate debian freebob svn.

Oh sure, and since you are not yet a DD this makes also easier for the
DDs in the Debian Multimedia team to sponsor uploads of the freebob
package for you.

I've added your Alioth user to the demudi Alioth project:

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/demudi/

so now you have commit rights in the project's SVN repository:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi/

To inject the freebob package something like:

svn-inject -o libfreebob_1.0.0-3.dsc svn+ssh://marciotex-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/demudi

should work fine. The -o flag avoids committing in SVN the whole
upstream trunk, to save disk space. When you think you're done with a
new version/revision of the package, just commit everything in the
trunk and drop a line to the mailing list, so that I or some other DD
in the group can review the changes and upload the new package.

  m> I has maintained unofficially packages with Ingo realtime patches, too.
  m> (debian way patching kernel).

  m> http://pkg-freebob.alioth.debian.org/lowlat.html

  m> Some questions. What is debian multimedia team? Is a DD and Debian
  m> multimedia users group?

Exactly, the focus is development and maintenance of Debian
audio/multimedia packages.

  m> Is there a project?

The Alioth project above.

  m> If yes, what purposes are
  m> shared? If these things are undetermined, my suggestion is that we,
  m> first of all, try find shared purposes (a Debian Multimedia Team
  m> Manifesto? :) ). With shared purposes and practices well defined, group
  m> work tends to better performance.

You're definitely write, unfortunately there's not much written
yet. Here's the wiki page of project:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia?highlight=%28multimedia%29

we should probably start from it and document the whole thing..

Ciao,

Free