Re: [FWD] Re: [Jackit-devel] parallel installs to die

On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 18:00 +0100, Robert Jordens wrote:
> The original versioning scheme was decided upon by Junichi and me mainly
> due to lines 40-42 in the configure.ac file. The policy was stressed
> many times on the jack mailing list.

The real reason for keeping the version in the package name was this:

http://jackit.cvs.sourceforge.net/jackit/jack/configure.ac?revision=1.84&view=markup
    7 dnl ---
    8 dnl HOWTO: updating the JACK version number
    9 dnl
   10 dnl major version = ask on jackit-devel :)
   11 dnl minor version = incremented when any of the public or internal
   12 dnl                 interfaces are changed
   13 dnl micro version = incremented when implementation-only
   14 dnl                 changes are made
   15 dnl ---
   16 JACK_MAJOR_VERSION=0
   17 JACK_MINOR_VERSION=102