Re: Is there a format comparable to .vob?

Quoting Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:

On 11/23/06, manfred@mosabuam.com <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
Quoting Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:

Hi,
I like vob's abilities to be able to store more than one audio track
as well as various subtitles in a single file. Is there another format
capable of this? What about Theora?

I dont know about Theora but I have observed that Matroksa has that feature.

http://www.matroska.org/

VLC supports the format just fine. It is available under a LGPL/ BSD
license mix and widely used in the Anime scene.

Does this mean that Anime is distributed in such a container, and if
so on what type of media?

In my experience many people seem to rip Anime DVD or record Animes of the TV in Japan and fans add their own subtitles, translations and so on. Many will use the Matroska format and distribute on the internet.