Re: Is there a format comparable to .vob?

On 11/23/06, manfred@mosabuam.com <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
Quoting Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I like vob's abilities to be able to store more than one audio track
> as well as various subtitles in a single file. Is there another format
> capable of this? What about Theora?

I dont know about Theora but I have observed that Matroksa has that feature.

http://www.matroska.org/

VLC supports the format just fine. It is available under a LGPL/ BSD
license mix and widely used in the Anime scene.

Does this mean that Anime is distributed in such a container, and if
so on what type of media?