Re: annoyances with sound/video in Debian.

Hi,

On Monday 15 May 2006 06:08, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> I've discussed this with Herman Robak in Hacklab2 today:
> 1. What is expected from group audio ?
> 2. /dev/raw1394 is owned by disks group.
> 3. artsd / esd grabbing /dev/dsp is annoying !
> 4. 1394 / DV / v4l / v4l2 needs consolidation!

did you file bugs for these issues (or do they already exist?) ?

I would then suggest to bring this up on -devel to discuss it with more people
and finally implement this - hopefully even in time for etch.

AFAICS there is another related issue:

5. OSS||ALSA - there is no default atm. I would go for ALSA.

regards,
	Holger