Re: alsa + jack + ladspa + dssi + lash + ...

On Sunday 15 January 2006 16:12, Eduardo Marcel Maçan was like:
> Em Dom, 2006-01-15 às 11:05 +0000, tim hall escreveu:
> > When you talk of the 'multimedia task force' who do you refer to? DeMuDi
> > already has plenty of motivation and purpose and the integration is very
> > good, most packages work out of the box. What I find confusing is that
> > for some people there seems to be a separation between Debian multimedia
> > and DeMuDi in their minds, which might account for people not finding
> > what they are looking for. ;)
>
> Well... just used a name that has been in my mind for some time, it
> could refer to any group who has (at least some) members which are
> officially part of debian, deals with multimedia stuff and has the
> ways to write debian policies and guidelines on that matter and
> integrate new developments into debian proper. If that's DeMuDi,
> then I'm sorry for introducing more confusion :)

I don't think you're introducing confusion, merely highlighting that which
exists. I think the truth is that there are two lists, this, normally rather
sleepy one and the lively AGNULA user forum <users@lists.agnula.org>. We
could draw a venn diagram of the membership. Our 'multimedia taskforce' is
probably a further subselection around the crossover point. You can translate
that as 'us' if you want. ;D

The majority of DDs who maintain multimedia packages probably don't consider
themselves part of DeMuDi as such, although there is no reason why they
should not. I have the impression that AGNULA is to DeMuDi what Progeny is to
Debian, but I stand to be corrected on that.

> Well, I think a good step towards mitigating the separation that
> there seems to exist in people's minds would be getting the right
> kind of exposion for DeMuDi. It does not even seem to be listed
> in the Projects session in http://www.us.debian.org/devel/

Yes, I have already tried to correct this without success. Does anybody know
who the correct person to contact about Debian website listings is. (Or the
best way to find out, even?). AGNULA/DeMuDi is listed on the CDD page itself,
however.

--
cheers,

tim hall