Re: group maintenance (was Re: RFS: ladspa-omins / ladspa-vcf)

Hi,

> > http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-multimedia@lists.debian.org
> >
> > We have a SVN repository here:
> >
> > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/demudi/
> >
> > I'd like   to include ther  source package    in this repo,   are  you
> > subscribed to Alioth? Just let me know your user name and I'll include
> > you in the group.
>
> I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I've been wondering
> about it so I'll ask now.
>
> There are several other multi-media-ish debian groups. Would it make
> sense to try to bring more of those into this multi-media uber-group?
>
> I'm thinking of the alsa, xiph.org, icecast, etc, etc. maintainer groups.

If they are pretty active groups, they might like their discussion
within that group, but if it is something that concerns all of Debian
multimedia, they should really be discussed in this mailing list.

Getting the right amount of information is quite difficult.  If they
already have their own mailing list for discussion, they can continue
that way; but they should really be aware of what's being discussed at
debian-multimedia@l.d.o for general discussion on multimedia policy
and progress.

Well, that's my plan anyway.

regards,