Re: debian-multimedia-BOF at debconf6/MX?

Paul Brossier wrote:
Hi Junichi, hi all,
On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 03:30:16PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
The session was not really meant to be about demudi only, but rather
about music and sound applications in debian, so i'm glad folks on this
list are interested.
i agree Junichi, this would be better called a roundtable than a
bof, and i will be very interested to chat with you all. i could do a
few demos though, and other demos would be most welcome too.
now unfortunatley I can't yet confirm 100% i will be in Oxtapa, but i am
making everything possible to get there. :\
about video, it would be really really nice to have live streaming
during the conference, though i have no time to take care of this.

If it does happen that live streaming occurs from debconf6, my offer of relay servers still stands.

I'm afraid debconf entered my awareness just a bit too late for me to get involved with, or to physically get to, debconf6. I will do my best to document everything we do wrt streaming for Linux Audio Conference 2006 and the DCLUG and BWBUG meetings I host at work. I had a partially successful stream of a BWBUG meeting this past Thursday afternoon and I have two more meetings before LAC2006. After LAC, I have 2 meetings scheduled each month for pretty much as long as I continue working for RFA.

I am already planning to attend and be involved in the video stuff as much as I can for debconf7. By then I should have a good deal of experience to bring to the effort.

I also really want to meet everyone and get involved in the debian-multimedia efforts. If a group of you do have a round-table discussion or bof session, it would be really, really cool if someone could record it and post the file somewhere. That said though, I wouldn't want those of you who are there to loose time on making the recording if it were to impede your discussions in any way.

One question, is the date and location of debconf7 set? if not, when does that information usually come out?

Thanks everyone,
Eric Rz.