Re: portaudio in Debian, license updates?

Hi,

> > However, portaudio looks non-free to me.
> >
> > http://www.portaudio.com/license.html:
> > * Any person wishing to distribute modifications to the Software is
> > requested to send the modifications to the original developer so that
> > they can be incorporated into the canonical version.
>
> Sounds quite clearly like a request to me, not a requirement.

The difference between a non-binding request and a requirement is a
fine line especially considering why it's in the main license text not
some accompanying documentation.

Clarifying this is what is really required; moving the problematic
clause out of the way would help.

regards,
	junichi
--